Thursday, December 14, 2006

Miyazaki

Out of the three Miyazaki movies we watched in class, I have only seeen Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. I think that they are similar because in both of these movies it has something to do with little girls ending up in adventures worlds, and finding their way.
In the movie Spirited Away, the girl and her family moves to the suburbs. The little girl wanders off somewhere while her parents are in town eating all kinds of delicious food in the restaurants. Then all of sudden her parents changed into pigs, while eating the food. Therefore, she wandered off looking for people and ends up in a world filled with gods, witches, spirits, and creatures. Spirited away was one of the few animated movies that I actually thought it good. The movie was fantastic.
In the other movie My Neighbor Totoro, two girls move to a kind of creepy looking house in the country to be with their sick mother who is in the hospital, and they have fun with these magical spirit creatures in the forest that lives near them. I liked this movie a little bit, but I fell asleep during the fist half of the movie.

No comments: